Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Steps to Locate Federal Government Documents
- Determine what information you need. (e.g. H1N1 statistics)
- Determine which government agency may be the publisher (e.g. Center for Disease Control or Department of Transportation)
- Check the UF Catalog for print and electronic materials. Search by author or subject heading inputting the Government agency. Check at last one of the following:
- Catalog of Government Publication
- (Federal Government Portal) USA.gov
- Website of the government agency that may produce such information (don't know how to find your agency's website, try the A-Z Listing of Federal Agencies)
- GPO Metalib Federated search across multiple government datatabes
If you cannot locate the information, contact the reference department of the library at (352)273-0723
Selected Federal Resources
Call Number: Federal KF35 .U58
The United State Congress proceeding and debates.
The official journal of the federal government of the United States that contains most routine publications, public notices, rules and regulations of government agencies
IRS Cumulative Bulletin
Call Number: Tax KF6362 .I5
IRS Bulletin announces "official rulings and procedures of the Internal Revenue Service and for publishing Treasury Decisions, Executive Orders, Tax Conventions, legislation, court decisions, and other items of general interest.
Know longer receive in print, last received Bulletin No.2012-32 Official version online only.
Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States,
Call Number: J80 .A283
Public Papers contains official public messages, statements, speeches, and news conferences of each President of the United States, which is are arranged in chronological order.
Statistical Abstract of the United Sates
Call Number: HA202 .A385 1960
The authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
ONLY those on campus or who are affiliated with UF can log in.
The United States Government Manual
Call Number: Reference JK421.A3
The Manual provides comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches. It also includes information of the top officials in the presidential administration, U.S. Senate and U.S. representatives.
Treaties in Force
Call Number: Reference JX236 .I929c
Lists treaties and other international agreements of the United States on record in the Department of State.
United States Reports
Call Number: Federal KF101 .U58
Reporter of Decisions, includes cases Adjudged in the Supreme Court.
United States Statutes at Large
Call Number: Federal KF50 .U58
Indexed by popular name and subject, these books focus on the laws and concurrent resolutions enacted during a particular session of Congress.