Guide to Microform in the LIC
The LIC has a vast microfom collection. Microforms are materials which contain information that has been reduced in size, placed on film or card and can be read by using a microform reader.
This Guide helps users:
- Locate the microform collection;
- Find a title in the microform collection; and
- Read/scan the microforms
This Guide also provides users with a list of all of the titles in the LIC's microform collection.
How to Read the Microform
To read the materials in the microform collection there is a microform reader on the table behind the 2nd row of cabinets in the microform area.
1. Turn on the computer.
2. Turn on the reader- the power switch is located next to the power cord on the left hand side on the back of the reader.
- For further instructions on how to operate the reader please review the instruction manual next to the reader.
3. Log off the computer and turn off the reader.
Finshed with the Microform
Once you have finished reading the microform, please do not refile it in the cabinets.
There is a box next to the microform reader and other boxes on top of the cabinets throughout the microform area that say "Return fiche here. Please do not refile." Please place the used microform in those boxes.