Library purchase policy
The Legal Information Center occasionally adds Continuing Legal Education (CLE) materials to our collection because they fit current needs. CLEs may be checked out per regular loan rules to UF students, faculty, staff and members of the Florida Bar with established borrowing privileges. Please contact the Circulation department (273-0724) to determine the loan period applicable to you.
List of Current Florida Bar CLE Courses (Audio CDs) as of August 1, 2018
CLE APPROVAL PERIOD
(available date - expiration date)
(for more information)
|Basic Business Law 2016||Florida Bar||CD||
|05/20/2016 - 11/20/2017||http://uf.catalog.fcla.edu/permalink.jsp?20UF034611621|
|Playing by the Rules of Workers' Compensation Procedure||Florida Bar||CD||
6/8/2016 - 12/8/2017
|2016 Masters Seminar on Ethics: Representing Clients with Diminished Capacity||Florida Bar||CD||
6/17/2016 - 12/17/2017
|Environmental and Land Use Law Section - June Program||Florida Bar||CD||
|06/17/2016 - 12/17/2017||http://uf.catalog.fcla.edu/permalink.jsp?20UF034604060|
|Special Needs Trust in Florida||Florida Bar||CD||
|06/17/2016 - 12/17/2017||http://uf.catalog.fcla.edu/permalink.jsp?20UF034354060|
|2016 Practicing Before the Supreme Court||Florida Bar||CD||
|06/09/2016 - 12/09/2017||http://uf.catalog.fcla.edu/permalink.jsp?20UF034603968|
|36th Annual RPPTL Legislative & Case Law Update Seminar||Florida Bar||CD||
|7/29/2016 - 1/29/2018||http://uf.catalog.fcla.edu/permalink.jsp?20UF034635195|
|ABCs of Starting and Managing Your Law Practice||Florida Bar||CD||
|09/02/2012 - 03/03/2018||http://uf.catalog.fcla.edu/permalink.jsp?20UF032933251|
2017 Survey of Florida Law
|03/24/2017 - 09/24/2018||http://uf.catalog.fcla.edu/permalink.jsp?20UF035067671|
The Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center (LIC) does not guarantee that CLE credit will be provided to you by the Florida bar. Attorneys, and NOT the LIC, are responsible for:
- Verifying the rules that pertain to their Bar's CLE requirements, including whether the format available is acceptable.
- Verifying the amount and type of credit available to them through their Bar.
- Verifying whether the course is still current for their Bar's CLE purposes.
- Identifying the course number for the CLE materials for their Bar.
How to Locate CLEs in the Catalog
The online catalog is the most current source for determining what CLEs are available, obtaining further information about their content, and seeing whether they are checked out. Here are the steps to use the catalog for this purpose:
- Open our online Catalog
- In the search box, enter "CLE approval" (inlcude quotation marks)
- You should receive a result list with CLE materials.
- Be aware of the effective dates to make sure that you are using current materials for CLE credit.