What is CILP?
The University of Washington Law Library produces the Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP), a current awareness service covering over 650 legal publications. Here is a list of all law reviews and journals currently indexed in CILP. Benefits to using CILP:
- Users receive timely topical access to legal publications.
- Items published are organized within 104 relevant subject headings.
- Complete tables of contents of all journals indexed are included.
- Citations are in Bluebook form.
- CILP is available 4-6 weeks before commercial legal periodical indexes such as the Index to Legal Periodicals, the Current Law Index, and the Legal Resource Index.
What is SmartCILP?
SmartCILP is an automated, customized version of CILP emailed out to subscribers. This weekly email, clearly marked as "SmartCILP", focuses only on the criteria selected by the subscriber. SmartCILP profiles can be changed each week, allowing subscribers to tailor the delivery of CILP to their changing research needs.
Profiles are based on three criteria:
- Topic Headings
- Subject Headings
- Journal Titles
Other ways to find CILP
If you simply want to view CILP, it is available on Thomson Reuters Westlaw and on HeinOnline.